Job Opening: Pet After-Care Facilitator
Radiant Heart provides a level of service that is uncommon in the pet cremation industry. Our team members are willing to go above and beyond to ensure that pets and pet parents are treated with respect. We offer both eco-friendly water cremation and traditional flame cremation. We have a lovely facility that is 100% open to the public and designed to be reassuring and comforting to grieving pet parents. We are constantly searching for unique and high-quality products to offer to our clients, focusing on local and regional artists and artisans. We routinely give back to the community by sponsoring events hosted by pet charities and offering discounted services for foster pets. We also believe in continuing education for our staff and strive to be up-to-date on issues of pet bereavement and options for pet cremation.
We are in our 9th year of business which has steadily grown since 2013. We recently experienced a significant growth surge and are in need of an exceptional new team member.
We are looking for an individual who is smart, physically fit, artistically minded and has tons of common sense. The ideal candidate is comfortable multi-tasking, can quickly transition (physically and mentally) from an industrial/machine environment to the front office, and who wants to contribute to something truly good in the world.
Serious applicants must be willing to make a long-term commitment. (1 year and hopefully much longer.)
Appropriate candidate must be able to successfully complete on-line courses for pet cremation – both flame cremation and aquamation.
No students, please.
• 30-40 hours a week. $18-$20/hour. Starting pay commensurate with experience and strength of references.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Quarterly profit-sharing bonus after 6 months.
• *Optional* Joy of Pilates membership (core physical strength is crucial to this job).
• Safely drive to veterinary clinics and homes to respectfully pick up pets
• Become a certified pet crematory operator – flame cremation and water
• Facilitate the cremation of pets – flame cremation and water
• Process cremated remains using an industrial grinder
• Create, bake and sand clay paw prints, including both machine and hand sanding
• Take ink prints
• Keep shop clean and organized
• Update paperwork
• Professionally interact with clients who visit Radiant Heart’s facility
• Help facilitate annual Floating Lantern Pet Memorial in September
• Provide full-time vacation coverage for other team members
Other possible tasks:
• Taking photos of products and writing copy for products to post on-line
• Assembling after-care packages
• Meet with families who want to order after-care for their pets and process order and payments
• General administrative tasks (to assist Owner/President)
• Works well in a team environment
• Reliable cell phone that can be used for business use
• Reliable vehicle for getting to and from work. Personal vehicle may occasionally be needed for business use (mileage reimbursement will be provided)
• Clean driving record
• Clean criminal background check
• High school diploma
• Customer service experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Has a good eye for shape and form (clay and ink prints)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must love pets, and understand that the loss of a pet can often be more difficult than the loss of a human loved one
• Must be comfortable (and kind) when working with clients who are experiencing a wide range of grief (depression, anger, shock, etc.)
• Squat to floor level and safely lift 35 lbs
• Reach above head while lifting 10-15 lbs
• Shift/move 150 lbs from one surface to another
• Perform fine hand movement (tie a small bow)
• Work with heavy industrial machinery (tilt heavy grinder)
• Willing to learn (from a movement specialist) the proper way to perform key tasks
• Adhere to safety requirements when performing specific tasks
The working environment includes bio hazards (blood, urine, feces, etc.), chemicals (bleach, alkali, etc.), dust (bone and polymer clay), and both cold and hot temperatures. Protective gear is provided.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree
• Familiarity with Windows Office (Word, Excel), Quickbooks On-line, Corel Photoshop and Word Press.
• Experience using multi-function printers/scanners
• Professional experience working with pets, pet parents, and/or veterinary professionals
• Professional experience involving counseling or ministry-related services
Please send an email to Bobbie Ruth Langley at email@example.com and attach a COVER LETTER, RESUME and THREE REFERENCES.
***DO NOT CONTACT RADIANT HEART FOR STATUS OF APPLICATION! Failure to comply with this request will automatically remove your application from consideration.***
We promise to let you know when your application is received, and to let you know if we are seriously considering your application within 2 weeks of receipt.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers